Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How is School Influencing My Life?

WOW! Talk about a loaded question!

After a day like today, I must strive for a positive response to such a question. I tried to stay after class today to work on my research paper, and to no avail, the cell phone wouldn't stop buzzing. My husband even called to see when I was coming home to spend some time with him before he had to go to work. (sigh) Once I got home I visited with him for about an hour, then the children were home. (sigh) I listened to the events of the day, discussed a little homework, consoled my youngest that she won't get in trouble for missing soccer since she is sick, made a doctor appointment for my husband and my son since they are sick, and then spent the next two hours consoling my "home-schooled" daughter because she misses SC and has no friends. (double sigh) -There went the homework plans!-

I know going to school is the right thing to do right now. The end will justify the means (so the cliche goes). However, am I adversely influencing my children due to the lack of personal time that I have to spend with them due to the hours that I must occupy with school, homework, and work? Also, if I give more time to them because I feel so guilty, how am I affecting my education by not giving it 100%?

No comments:

Post a Comment